ACTIVITIES THAT ENGAGE A HEALTHY MIND
Our community provides opportunities for creative expression, meaningful discussion, and a chance to give back to those in need. Our lifestyle recreation director develops a monthly calendar filled with different ways to stay engaged. Some examples include:
- Community Choirs
- Speaker series on a variety of topics
- Lunch bunch outings
- Men’s Group outings
- Local theater performances and/or Guthrie performances
- Pancake Breakfasts
- Weekly Happy Hour
- Dances and Live Music
- Ice Cream Socials
- Tai Chi, Yoga, and More!
- This event has passed.
Virtual CEU on Trauma-Informed Care: The Spiritual Care Approach
July 9, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
Join us for new perspectives and techniques in supporting patients and residents who have experienced trauma. Sharing his expertise in Spiritual Care, Rev. Chris Beckman will address the following objectives in this Virtual CEU presentation:
- The impact of trauma on individuals and communities
- Spiritual perspectives on trauma-informed care
- Key traits of a healthy trauma-informed community
- Spiritual resources an individual can utilize to diminish post-trauma experiences
About our speaker: Rev. Chris Beckman is the Corporate Director of Spiritual Health at Ebenezer. Chris is an ordained ELCA Lutheran Pastor and Board Certified Chaplain. In addition to serving several congregations across the Midwest, he has spent many years as a long-term care chaplain, has experience with Hospice and Behavioral Health Chaplain programs, and has led/worked for Trauma I Centers at Children’s Hospitals of Minnesota.