Need Any Help?
Download our decision making resources now.
memory care At the orchards
Orchards of Minnetonka Senior Living is for vibrant seniors who want to maintain their independence, but want the peace of mind of living in a senior community. Each apartment home at Orchards of Minnetonka is designed for the way you live today. Luxury senior apartments are ideal for independent senior living and feature walk-in closets, granite countertops and stainless steel appliances. Many apartment homes offer balconies and gorgeous views surrounded by beautiful scenery, walking paths, and a lovely pond.
Orchards of Minnetonka Senior Living offers studio, one and two bedroom apartment homes. There are a variety of floor plans including apartments with dens. Each apartment comes with full kitchens, washers and dryers, and additional amenities. Residents can participate in our flexible meal plan or enjoy cooking in their apartment. Residents get all the benefits of living in a private apartment home with the security of knowing there is a community of professionals right on the property.
years of management
memory care Amenities & Features
Orchards of Minnetonka specializes in caring for those living with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. Residents living in our memory care neighborhood receive the highest levels of care in the community with a higher caregiver to resident ratio. In addition, our specially-trained caregivers offer person-centered, calming activities that supplement their compassionate care.
Our memory care neighborhood at Orchards of Minnetonka is designed to lessen the anxiety of those who are living with memory loss. Specifically created to accommodate those who wander or become easily disoriented, our memory care features warm colors, soft furniture and special lighting. The memory care neighborhood offers a low-stress, welcoming area with accessible spaces and furniture that accommodates those with disabilities.
As part of Ebenezer, Orchards of Minnetonka participates in Ebenezer’s Dimensions® Program. This ground-breaking program provides residents with cognitive activities that support brain health. All caregivers who work with our dementia clients are trained to deal with issues related to Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. Residents who are living with dementia receive exceptional, compassionate care based on current best practices.
Alzheimer's & dementia care
More amenities & features
our evidence-based and award-winning memory care program
At Orchards of Minnetonka, we offer Ebenezer’s Dimensions® program to seniors living in our memory care communities. The program focuses on providing compassionate Alzheimer’s and dementia support that enhances daily life through engagement and healthy living. Our staff in the memory care unit receives innovative and ongoing training based on the Dimensions Program’s relationship-based and purposeful practices. Using the multi-faceted approach to memory care, our goal is to make a dramatic difference in the life of your loved one.
activities for adults with dementia
- Cooking and baking
- Live music and entertainment
- Pet visits
- And much more!
Common Independent Living questions
Memory Care is designed for those living with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia and memory loss. Orchards of Minnetonka specializes in offering Alzheimer’s and dementia care in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area. We follow the award-winning Memory Care program called Dimensions to enrich the lives of our residents.
As memory loss sets in, it inhibits the ability of the individual to drive a car, make a grocery list, prepare food, remember daily medications, or even remember to eat. Losing track of days and times can contribute to other health effects and take a toll on one’s well-being. Signs that an individual should look into Memory Care include:
- Rapid weight loss
- Lack of food in the fridge or cabinets
- Evidence of medication not taken (or overtaken)
- Neglected personal hygiene
- Hunched or sunken posture
- Inexplicable bruises, breaks, and/or injuries
- Unpaid bills and missed appointments
The inability to remember these and other daily responsibilities indicates it is time to start seeking a Memory Care facility that is highly trained and equipped with the resources to properly care for the individual.
No, Memory Care and Assisted Living provide different types of care. Learn more about Assisted Living and the services it provides.
Memory Care focuses on improving the quality of life and safety of people with memory loss. Skilled nursing communities provide MEDICAL services to people 24/7.
The best kind of care for dementia depends on the individual’s needs, type of memory challenges, etc. Contact us to learn more about how we serve those with dementia.
Persons with dementia or Alzheimer’s have unique needs that should be addressed during the process of identifying a facility. Questions to address include:
- What training does the staff have to work with persons with dementia?
- What is the staff to resident ratio?
- Are individual care plans maintained for each resident?
- Is there a doctor available who keeps hours in the facility?
- Are there specific visiting hours for families and visitors, and if so, what are they?
For those considering a memory care facility who are not specifically experiencing dementia, other important questions to address include:
- What kinds of structured activities are scheduled throughout the week?
- Are residents allowed to bring their own furniture and belongings?
- Can the kitchen accommodate a special diet?
Evaluate the staff and facility by taking the time to look around by yourself:
- Does the staff treat residents like adults?
- Is the facility clean, well lit, at a comfortable temperature and are the grounds well maintained?
- With regard to safety, are fire escapes and ramps wide enough for wheelchairs?
- Ask yourself “Would I want to be here?”
Administration plays a large role in the level of care a Memory Care facility provides. Administrative-based questions to consider include:
- What are the basic costs and what is covered?
- Are there additional charges for care and what are those?
- Is the facility license prominently displayed?
- How are medications obtained?
You can also check with the Licensing Authority in Your Area or State to understand the history of the facility’s inspections.
- When was the last state or county inspection conducted?
- Were there any deficiencies or citations? What were they?
- Have there been any complaints from residents or families?
- How have these been addressed? If necessary, ask the facility to address any concerns you have with the inspection findings.
Finally, trust your instincts.
enriching lives through compassionate and skilled care
We Care With Compassion
At Orchards of Minnetonka, our client reviews are extremely important to us because we strive to give your loved ones quality care they can trust.
the latest news
How May We Help You?
Our senior living community is near Minnetonka’s shopping and entertainment district, including the Ridgedale Mall, Lunds & Byerlys, Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods, and various restaurants. Minnesota’s year-round outdoor charm surrounds us with walking paths and lakes; you get the best of both worlds.
The opportunities are endless at the Orchards of Minnetonka. Please get in touch to ask us your questions and learn more about our community!